Our Game Plan
To force a playoff, we must convince the advertisers to stop advertising on BCS telecasts during the 2011-12 season.
………and help them see that their ad opportunities will increase with a playoff.
When it is clear to advertisers that we are committed to stop purchasing their products on 1-1-2012, we expect them to pressure the NCAA to establish a playoff.
Our success, this fall, will depend on fundamentals:
- We must grow our membership number until our strength is overwhelming.
- We must grow financial resources for marketing purposes.
3. On 12-1-10, we will send our “message” to BCS advertisers.
- We will ask that they cancel their BCS advertising contracts.
- We let them know their sales will plummet on 1-1-12 if they ignore us.
- We expect the advertisers’ threat to withdraw their advertising will cause the NCAA to commit to a legitimate playoff.
- During 2011, we will:
- Monitor the progress toward a playoff.
- Respond to defensive maneuvers from the BCS.
- Continually notify advertisers that the deadline is 1-1-12.
- Inform RealChamp members with timely reports and “breaking news.”
- Poll members for opinions regarding various issues, such as playoff proposals.
- By 9-1-11, we expect the NCAA to announce a plan and deadline for a Real Playoff. The NCAA can do this well because they do it for every other sport. The NCAA does not need a destructive, interloping entity like the BCS in any other sport, so a fair playoff will quickly emerge when the BCS ceases to exist.
- WHEN WE ACCOMPLISH OUR GOAL, we will have an open playoff and a Real Champ for the first time in the history of college football.
- VERY IMPORTANT: In the event a legitimate playoff has NOT been established by 12-31-11, we must stop buying from BCS advertisers the next day, 1-1-2012.
Our economic clout is our real power; we must use it, if necessary.